Friday 30 November 2012

Williams Fresh Café

This was tasty!!

Really, it actually was. Lunch today was an entrée salad that had chicken breast, goat cheese, beets, and candied nuts on greens, with a raspberry vinaigrette.

It was very good. The goat cheese was yummy, the beets were tasty, the chicken was not overcooked, and was juicy while still tasting of the grill, the candied nuts gave good texture, and the 2 pieces of garlic bread were appealing. The only downside to the food was that the greens for the salad included way too much useless iceberg lettuce. But some of the greens were even pretty peppery.

This was a great salad. It's the best one I've ever had in the plaza.

Ironically, since the meal was tasty, I don't even have that much to say. D. had mac and cheese (and said it was very good and tasted of real cheese), alongside a side-sized version of the same salad as mine (which differed in having no iceberg lettuce, and no chicken).

Even the coffee was good.

A downside to Williams is that it's too loud (tin ceiling) and is pretty crowded at lunch. But otherwise, it was very tasty, and I will return.

I had: Entrée salad with beets, goat cheese and grilled chicken breast, and a medium coffee.
I paid: $14.32 with tax.
Verdict:
Speed: Okay. They have a bunch of newspapers, so I spent a while reading about Rob Ford's woes in the Toronto Star while D. read the comics. The line was a little slow to get through, but we did get there right at noon.
Quality: Very good. This was a great salad. Coffee was good. I wish there had been no iceberg lettuce.
Value: Well, not brilliant; I suppose you get what you pay for. Still, this meal was around the same price as the East Side Mario's meal I had at the beginning of this whole tour, and way, way better.
Would go back: Yes, and I'm a little surprised. In the dozen years I've been here, I've only ever had a very small number of meals at Williams, and the last one was much less good. (Then again, it was also the meal I ate in the middle of an 8-hour meeting on a Friday afternoon. Yeah.)

No comments:

Post a Comment