Friday 2 November 2012

Just N Pita

This is the quick service place at Al Madina.

Every time I go, I'm amazed at just how bad their workflow is.

Seriously.

Like, there's constantly people banging into each other, or weaving through each other, or accidentally cutting in line around each other.

It's exhausting for me, and I just eat there.

That said, my chicken shawarma was tasty. They have nine zillion possible toppings, but I just put tzatziki, garlic sauce (I think that's garlic mayo), tomatoes, onions, and a couple other things on it, plus hot sauce.

It was tasty. Maybe not as much tastier than Grab-A-Greek to justify the chaos, but it was tasty.

They have combos with fries and drinks, and they also have "chicken shawarma poutine", which is basically a works platter on fries with chicken on top, and they also have the same plate with salad instead of the fries. I've gotten the salad one, and it's roughly 2 meals' worth of food. Or one meal's, if you're a starving student, I suppose.

I had: a chicken shawarma
I paid: $6.99 plus tax
Verdict:
Speed: Dear me. Between waiting several minutes to pay, and then someone (entirely not his fault) cutting in line in front of me, and a bunch of people wanting "sandwiches" that were full of 25 different fillings (yay, undergrads), this took quite a while.
Quality: It was pretty good. I like their tzatziki.
Value: You know, I probably should've gotten one of the giant meals, but then last night, I made Mark Bittman's yummy wings with rice, and that was a meal I was glad to have room in my stomach for.
Would go back: Yeah, probably. This was actually a more forgettable meal than many of theirs are.

No comments:

Post a Comment