Tuesday 6 November 2012

Meet Point

This is a place in the far plaza (the same one as Just N Pita), which has a really large menu focused on Mediterranean foods. I had a pide, with chicken and cheese. Basically it was a calzone/pizza/... hybrid, made with hot, tasty flatbread, accompanied by a pretty generic salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, yogurt dressing).

The food was actually tasty (!), but felt way too slow. I kind of had to rush, because the person I was eating with had a 1:00, and we were a few minutes late.

And honestly, this didn't feel like it deserved to cost $11 for what was basically pizza and salad.

I had: A chicken/cheese pide with a side salad
I paid: $8.48 + tax + tip = $11
Verdict:
Speed: This was a problem: slow to get us menus, slow to get our orders, slow to make the food. I kind of think that's the idea ("come, sit, eat, relax!"), but, well, I have a job.
Quality: It was good. The chicken was tasty. But it was also kind of no different than any other pizza; if you put chicken, cheese, tomatoes, garlic and spices together, it's almost definitely going to be tasty.
Value: I think it was okay, but not stellar. I've had better value on this tour, I think.
Would go back: Maybe if I were less time pressured? Yeah, probably.

5 comments:

  1. I might have exacerbated the slowness slightly. I noticed that the server came to take our order the moment I closed my menu, so perhaps I should have closed it sooner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hm. Well, that's, that's...I guess that's mollifying.

      Delete
  2. A completely unrelated note - if you're exploring that side of the plaza now, I'm wondering how Sunshine Express is doing after all these years... (P1/P2?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went there yesterday. It wasn't great, but now that I reread this and see that you've suggested a menu item, perhaps I'll get that and try again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. er...I don't know about that, since it was at least a decade ago, back when there was much less choice for plaza food!

      I figure since they're able to close for at least 2 weeks every summer, it must be popular/busy enough (unless it's just that quiet then).

      Delete