Wednesday 5 December 2012

Kick Off

This is really a bar, not a restaurant; M., with whom we went, is a regular and claimed that the owners hate it when people order food, and that they only have food because they legally must.

But it's still a restaurant, so D. and I went with M. after work yesterday.

And the beer was excellent, and the conversation very good (I really don't know why we don't spend more time with M.; possibly the right answer is to go there for beerz more often). And I was amused that, instead of being grumpy about feeding us, the owner we were talking with was happy to serve me pierogies, and to serve D. fries, and agreed with me that they were tasty.

Which they were, if fried-from-frozen.

I had: two half-litre pints of a Weißbier, and an order of pierogies
I paid: $52, but that was for a five pints, plus the pierogies and fries. I think it was $6.95 a pint?
Verdict:
Speed: The beer was fast; the food wasn't, but we'd been there over an hour when we ordered it, and by that point I really didn't care, as I was enjoying myself.
Quality: Beer was great, pierogies were fine.
Value: I think $6.95 a pint is a little high? But I guess it's fine. I don't drink in bars all that often.
Would go back: Yeah. There was video on the screen of a soccer game with massive amounts of snow, which was even fun in a Schadenfreude-kind of way. I'd go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment