Thursday 18 October 2012

Vegetarian Fast Food Restaurant

This place is between Kismet and The Grill. It is moderately fast. It includes plenty of non-vegetarian food on its menu.

It's strikingly cheap, and while the food is somewhat (okay, very) one-note, it's at least not, well, bad. It also didn't feel like I'd been given starch with starch with starch. Instead, my lemongrass chicken did have some lemongrass flavour.

Mostly, we're in that long stretch of mehness: I wish there were cilantro in it, or chives, or garlic, or something. I wish the veggies were more exciting than boring carrots, boring broccoli and boring cauliflower.

I also wish to go to the festival. But instead, I went to the Vegetarian Fast Food Restaurant, and had chicken.

I had: #109, lemongrass chicken with veggies and rice
I paid: $7
Verdict:
Speed: OK, but not super-fast. They have steam tables, but there was almost no food in them.
Quality: Meh. There was lemongrass flavour, but the chicken was kind of bland bits of nothing special, and the veggies were in pieces that hadn't actually done much more than steam. The sauce was generic-soy-y-gravy. Meh.
Value: Pretty much average for the Chinese places in the plaza.
Would go back: I just can't think of why.

1 comment:

  1. Comment from user:

    " I wish there were cilantro in it, or chives, or garlic, or something."

    Today I learned: there's a $0.50 option to add garlic, and similarly for ginger.

    I got the #114, lemongrass squid, and with the garlic it was tasty enough I'd go back for it.

    I wish I'd learned that already...

    ReplyDelete