Monday 15 October 2012

Panda King

See, I even wanted this to be an easy return, after I'd been in Portugal these past ten days. I figured I'd just go to Panda Express, get some simple takeout, it'd be largely inoffensive, and no big deal.

Unfortunately, today's Panda Express was much worse than usual.

All I got was General Tso's chicken and some mixed veggies with tofu, on fried rice.

The Tso's is soggy and not spicy and not interesting. You could probably convince me that it was any other deep-fried-chicken dish. Except, well, it's mostly just soggy.

The mixed veggies are steamed, but not even fully steamed. I do like broccoli and carrots, but that's basically it, except for some blah tofu.

Really, this is a lot more disappointing than what I usually get from them. Maybe their cook is depressed on Mondays.

Unfortunately, this made this Monday more depressing.

I had: Combo #2: mixed veggies with tofu and General Tso's chicken on fried rice
I paid: $7.49+tax
Verdict:
Speed: Already made: this is steam table food.
Quality: Really disappointing. Soggy chicken. Boring. Undercooked, in the case of the veggies.
Value: It's a lot of food, but it's so boring that I'm not finishing it. "Veggies" could be more than broccoli and carrots.
Would go back: Actually, probably not for a while. This really wasn't good.

No comments:

Post a Comment