Thursday 25 October 2012

Grab-A-Greek

This is a gyro-and-pita-and-such place that opened a few years ago. It's in the plaza a couple doors down from Panda King (which I thought was Panda Express).

I actually went there today because I really felt like rice pudding, which they sell.

But I also got a chicken souvlaki. It was good! (This feels like it deserves an exclamation mark because, well, this has felt like we were totally stuck in the doldrums with this blog.) Though, well, how much of the tastiness is because of the squirt of rooster sauce in the souvlaki? Really, how much tastiness in general is due to rooster sauce?

It was drippy and gooey, but I at least enjoyed it. That counts for a lot.

I had: A chicken souvlaki pita, a bottle of OJ, and a large rice pudding.
I paid: $10.66 with tax.
Verdict:
Speed: Pretty fast. The line moves at a good clip, and it's assembled in front of you.
Quality: I enjoyed it. The bread was tasty, and the chicken souvlaki mostly tasted of the tzatziki and rooster sauces, but, well, that's okay, I think.
Value: This wasn't cheap, but they do have pretty cheap specials.
Would go back: Yeah, I would. The rice pudding was comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment